2020 Travel Club - France
August 4-11, 2020
Hosted by TravelPerks Owners' Gary and Theresa!
Welcome to this exclusively customized exploration of France and the Rhone river. This trip is one-of-a-kind, and is exclusive to TravelPerks. You’ll travel with experienced TravelPerks hosts who have curated the very best experiences and partnered with engaging guides where you will see breathtaking locations. Along the way you’ll enjoy wonderfully planned activities like extra wine tastings with a certified wine judge, and have the chance to customize your trip with many additional and optional excursions that are included at no extra cost.
Admire the lovely scenery of the French countryside, join a culinary walk to discover architecture and local specialties, take a cooking class in Lyon, bike through a nature reserve to spot flamingos, take a painting workshop, or just relax and enjoy. The base trip is a seven-night cruise on the Rhone River from Lyon to Arles onboard Avalon Waterways’ Poetry II. Extend your trip and start in Paris for three nights, and/or end your trip in Nice for three nights. Your TravelPerks hosts have taken care of all the details, even your tips are 100% included in the price!
Over $1,150 in Savings with TravelPerks Extra Perks!
Prices start at $3,999 (Per Person Double Occupancy)
We're More than Cruising, We're Wine Cruising with Lots of Additional Extras for Each Guest!
- Free Wine, Beer, and Soft Drinks with Lunch and Dinner^ (Standard Avalon Perk)
- 2 Wine Tasting with an Award-Winning Wine Judge (TravelPerks Extra Perk - Valued at $110pp)
- Pre-Paid Gratuities on the Cruise and Paid Port Charges (TravelPerks Extra Perk - Valued at $378pp)
- TravelPerks Concierge Service Upgrade (TravelPerks Extra Perk - Valued at $119pp)
- Personal Service from English-Speaking Staff (Standard Avalon Perk)
- Transfers to and from Airport (TravelPerks Extra Perk - Valued at $150pp)
- Onboard Spending Money (TravelPerks Extra Perk - Valued at $100pp**)
- All Onboard Dining in a Variety of Venues (Standard Avalon Perk)
- Extra Excursions (TravelPerks Extra Perk - Valued at $300pp)
- 7-Night Luxury River Cruise (Standard Avalon Perk)
Here are Just a Few of the Activities that Await You
- (Optional Pre-Cruise $1,499pp) August 1-3 in Paris – Touring the City of Light & Paris Food Scene for Those Who Have Reserved
- August 4 in Lyon (Embarkation) – Bienvenue en Paris! Your Suite Ship® is Ready for Boarding
- August 5 in Lyon – A Festival of Colors, Aromas, and Tastes
- August 6 in Tain L’Hermitage/Tournon – Chocolatiers and Railway Engineers in the Twin City Gorge
- August 7 in Viviers, Lock Bollène – River Gorge Canoeing, Crocodiles, and Wine Caves
- August 8 in Avignon – Essential Oils, Wine Tasting, and Ancient Roman Aqueducts
- August 9 in Arles – A Master Class, Mysterious Images, and a Matador in Provence
- August 10 in Port-Saint-Louis – Oysters and Flamingos in the Rhône Delta
- August 11 Arles (Disembarkation) – Your Cruise Ends with Breakfast in the Morning
- (Optional Post-Cruise $1,199pp) August 12-14 in Nice – Visits Eze, Monaco, and Menton for Those Who Have Reserved
Pricing (Per Person Double Occupancy)
*Optional Pre-Cruise - $1,499pp
*Optional Post-Cruise - $1,199pp
Call 541-349-0036 x 201 for more information!
Ship Information - Avalon Poetry II
The Avalon Poetry II offers a delightfully intimate cruise setting. Like its sister Suite Ships®, the Avalon Artistry II, Avalon Visionary, Avalon Tapestry II, and Avalon Tranquility II, the Poetry II features two full decks of suites featuring Wall-to-Wall Panoramic Windows that transform the living space into a unique Open-Air BalconySM. With 200 square feet, Panorama SuitesSM are more than 30% larger than the industry standard, giving you the rare opportunity to wake each morning to the enchanting scenery and fresh breezes. Onboard amenities include an alternative dining option in the Panorama Bistro, complimentary computer use in public areas and Wi-Fi access, a Fitness Center, and a spacious Sky Deck with premium lounge chairs, whirlpool, and light al fresco lunches at the Sky Bistro.
Deck & Stateroom Plans
Special Guest Wine Host
Scott Montgomery is a graduate of the American Wine Society’s Wine Judge Certification Program, an Italian Wine Specialist and he will be joining us for two wine tastings on the ship. He’ll also be around to discuss wine the entire cruise and will join us on some of the wine excursion. He has judged at numerous international, national, regional and state wine competitions. Scott has won numerous medals for his own homemade wines over the last thirty years. Scott is also a big fan of the wines (red, white and rose’) of southern France and the Rhone Valley in particular. A third-generation Oregonian, Scott and his wife now reside in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Important: Dates, prices, and itineraries subject to change
- Bedding: Please call your Travel Advisor for details
- Travel Visa: Proper travel documentation required, click here for more info
- Cruise-Only, starting in Lyon, France: We recommend that you arrive in Lyon before 2 p.m. on embarkation day, or book an additional night prior to your cruise embarkation date to avoid potential missed connections. Guests must be onboard by 5 p.m.
Terms & Conditions
^Unlimited free wine, beer and soft drinks available with lunch and dinner ON THE CRUISE ONLY. **French Balcony and above cabins only. Deposit and Final Payment: Initial Deposit of $750pp. Second payment due by 10/1/2019: $1000pp. Final & Full payment is due by 4/1/2020. All payments are 100% non-refundable. Airfare not included, call for pricing. All pricing is per person, double occupancy - call for single pricing. See Avalon Waterways brochure and any airline websites for additional terms and conditions. TravelPerks Dream Vacations is not responsible for any injury or loss resulting from participation in any aspect of this vacation package. This cruise is capacity controlled, values & savings are estimated and based on historical values of the total for 2 people and are subject to change. TravelPerks Dream Vacations not responsible for errors in this information, all details subject to change. *While we don’t expect any changes, Pre/Post tour pricing is subject to change until 11 months before departure – this is due to possible fluctuations in exchange rates that cannot be locked in until that time. All prices are based on payment by check or e-check. If paying by credit card, there will be a 3% surcharge added to the cost. This proud Dream Vacations franchise is an independently owned franchise of CruiseOne/Dream Vacations, owned and operated by On & On Inc, an Oregon Corporation. Licensed under OR License #100228074
Call 541-349-0036 x 201 for more information!
From Our Clients...
Easy and Stress Free!
"I used TravelPerks to book a family vacation and had the pleasure of working with Theresa. She is very knowledgeable and goes out of her way to get you the best deals. I am a customer with lots of questions and she was extremely patient with me and was always prompt answering all my emails. I definitely recommend using TravelPerks for all your vacation needs and their bonus deals are a plus. Thanks Theresa for making vacation planning easy and stress free!"
"You all ROCK! I have complete confidence in getting all the details and great pricing. No gimmicks"
Unique Travel Experiences
"TravelPerks provides us their unique personal touch on all of our cruises to make it successful"
Service & Savings
“I have thrown just about every curveball I've got at Rachel and your folks and you've handled them all without breaking a sweat. A long cruise with tours in a foreign country? No problem. Erratic friends who can't make up their mind if they want to go or not? No problem. Last minute hotel bookings needed? No problem. And should I mention the bonuses? Getting random calls to let us know we've been upgraded in our cabin or the cruise fare has dropped? Extra onboard credit? I use a travel agency so I don't have to worry. With TravelPerks, not only do I not have to worry, I'm happily surprised at the GOOD that happens. I recommend TravelPerks on ANY opportunity I've got.”
"Appreciated the desire and willingness to do whatever it took to make our trip memorable. There are always things that can't be helped [flight delays] but it was easy to see the effort put into making the experience special."
"They take care of the customer and always keep you informed when you need to do something or when there is any changes - makes it worry free!"