Why purchase travel insurance?
We recommend Travel Protection because of common travel problems such as flight delays, injuries and illness, unpredictable weather and lost or stolen luggage. Our Travel Insurance Plan provides protection designed just for travelers and can provide coverage for many of the things that can go wrong before and during your trip.
Top Ten Reasons to Use Travel Insurance
- You have to cancel your trip due to an unexpected event such as bad weather, an illness in the family or the financial default of your airline, cruise line or tour operator.
- You have to return home early due to an unexpected emergency such as an illness or death in the family.
- Your luggage is lost or delayed, forcing you to purchase necessary essentials, or prescription medications.
- Your luggage or personal effects are damaged or stolen. You become ill or injured and learn that your health care plan doesn't cover you outside the U.S.
- You need an emergency medical evacuation due to an accident or sudden illness.
- You run into flight delays and miss a portion of your trip or cruise.
- Your trip is interrupted due to an unexpected hurricane or storm.
- You lose your passport, leaving you stranded abroad.
- You need assistance with replacing a prescription or an emergency cash transfer.
Read more about our Travel Protection Plans.
What is the best way to pay for things while traveling?
We recommend using a credit card wherever possible because you will get a better exchange rate than at an ATM or exchange bureau. A lot of credit cards still charge a foreign-transaction fee, so make sure to find a credit card that has no fees. Most hotels, restaurants and retailers will accept major credit cards in large cities.
When you need pocket money, use your debit card at a bank. You will get a much more favorable exchange rate than those offered by foreign-exchange bureaus.
It is also a good idea to have a little cash on you when you arrive to an airport in a foreign country in case you need to pay for a visa or taxi and unfortunately, ATMs are not always reliable! Try to change as little cash as possible at the airport currency exchange bureau, as they often charge hefty fees for foreign travelers.
From Our Clients...
"Appreciated the desire and willingness to do whatever it took to make our trip memorable. There are always things that can't be helped [flight delays] but it was easy to see the effort put into making the experience special."
Ready to go again!
"Words can not explain the marvelous time we had on our very first cruise. Theresa is the Best Travel Agent!! There was not a time when I called with questions that my questions went unanswered
Unique Travel Experiences
"TravelPerks provides us their unique personal touch on all of our cruises to make it successful"
Spectacular Shore Excursions
"Everything worked out even better than planned. On all three shore excursions we met people in the bus who said they appreciated those excursions and they were far better than the ones offered by the ship. We, too, were impressed with the quality of the excursions and tour guides. The cruise was spectacular and all the arrangements made in advance were spectacular."
Service & Savings
“I have thrown just about every curveball I've got at Rachel and your folks and you've handled them all without breaking a sweat. A long cruise with tours in a foreign country? No problem. Erratic friends who can't make up their mind if they want to go or not? No problem. Last minute hotel bookings needed? No problem. And should I mention the bonuses? Getting random calls to let us know we've been upgraded in our cabin or the cruise fare has dropped? Extra onboard credit? I use a travel agency so I don't have to worry. With TravelPerks, not only do I not have to worry, I'm happily surprised at the GOOD that happens. I recommend TravelPerks on ANY opportunity I've got.”
"You guys are awesome. You were very patient in taking my calls more than a few times, changed rooms according to our need couple of times and finally even sent the cash back check."