Why purchase travel insurance?
We recommend Travel Protection because of common travel problems such as flight delays, injuries and illness, unpredictable weather and lost or stolen luggage. Our Travel Insurance Plan provides protection designed just for travelers and can provide coverage for many of the things that can go wrong before and during your trip.
Top Ten Reasons to Use Travel Insurance
- You have to cancel your trip due to an unexpected event such as bad weather, an illness in the family or the financial default of your airline, cruise line or tour operator.
- You have to return home early due to an unexpected emergency such as an illness or death in the family.
- Your luggage is lost or delayed, forcing you to purchase necessary essentials, or prescription medications.
- Your luggage or personal effects are damaged or stolen. You become ill or injured and learn that your health care plan doesn't cover you outside the U.S.
- You need an emergency medical evacuation due to an accident or sudden illness.
- You run into flight delays and miss a portion of your trip or cruise.
- Your trip is interrupted due to an unexpected hurricane or storm.
- You lose your passport, leaving you stranded abroad.
- You need assistance with replacing a prescription or an emergency cash transfer.
Read more about our Travel Protection Plans.
What is the best way to pay for things while traveling?
We recommend using a credit card wherever possible because you will get a better exchange rate than at an ATM or exchange bureau. A lot of credit cards still charge a foreign-transaction fee, so make sure to find a credit card that has no fees. Most hotels, restaurants and retailers will accept major credit cards in large cities.
When you need pocket money, use your debit card at a bank. You will get a much more favorable exchange rate than those offered by foreign-exchange bureaus.
It is also a good idea to have a little cash on you when you arrive to an airport in a foreign country in case you need to pay for a visa or taxi and unfortunately, ATMs are not always reliable! Try to change as little cash as possible at the airport currency exchange bureau, as they often charge hefty fees for foreign travelers.
From Our Clients...
"You all ROCK! I have complete confidence in getting all the details and great pricing. No gimmicks"
Ready to go again!
"Words can not explain the marvelous time we had on our very first cruise. Theresa is the Best Travel Agent!! There was not a time when I called with questions that my questions went unanswered
"We have had many vacations over the years, worked on every possible angle to stretch fun and funds. Theresa redefines service, the personal attention, genuine compassion and ferocious drive to make our experiences unique and special is unmatched.
Theresa takes the guess work out of the process by asking questions and listening to create your perfect getaway. We have worked with get for our last several vacations, and will continue for many years to come.
It is difficult to find anyone who knows how to provide this level of service, I would welcome the opportunity to help anyone understand why they should select TravelPerks DreamVacations."
Once In A Lifetime Trip
"As we started out on our excursion in Juneau (to Mendenhall Glacier) there were a group of Bald Eagles, in a certain area by Sandy Beach, and our tour guide made a quick, unexpected stop, so we could take photos. It was an amazing once-in-lifetime trip. Thank you for assisting us in our travel arrangements!"
Easy and Stress Free!
"I used TravelPerks to book a family vacation and had the pleasure of working with Theresa. She is very knowledgeable and goes out of her way to get you the best deals. I am a customer with lots of questions and she was extremely patient with me and was always prompt answering all my emails. I definitely recommend using TravelPerks for all your vacation needs and their bonus deals are a plus. Thanks Theresa for making vacation planning easy and stress free!"
"They take care of the customer and always keep you informed when you need to do something or when there is any changes - makes it worry free!"